LegacyGT.com

I have a rear rattle at lower RPMs. it seems to be coming from the passenger side. I know my turbo heat shield is missing two bolts but I don't think that's it seeing as I only hear the rattle under 2k rpm. is it maybe another heat shield? or possibly the exhaust? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I have a rear rattle at lower RPMs. it seems to be coming from the passenger side. I know my turbo heat shield is missing two bolts but I don't think that's it seeing as I only hear the rattle under 2k rpm. is it maybe another heat shield? or possibly the exhaust? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Could a rattle come from shaft play? Or is that only when the compressor wheel completely fails?

Heat shield missing 2 bolts, huh? It's the heat shield.

Had the same problem with mine. Took it off and problem solved. Take it off and see if that helps.

My wife's balls are delicious.

What about the wastegate? Taking the heat shield off is not going to affect the wastegate. The only issue of taking the heat shield off is a little more radiant heat going up toward the intercooler. Replace the heat shield or buy a turbo blanket.
My wife's balls are delicious.

My heat shild on my wagon is cut shorter so I don't use the hole where the bolt broke years ago.

I also have the big heat shield over the mid pipe removed.

I also have the shield from the manifold by the oil filter removed and replaced the DEI heat wrap.

I think you can see it on my click here link somewhere.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived