LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Idea????

I'm about to do this too.

Question, did you just go to a muffler shop and have them find or have another muffler installed or did you have to go find a leggy GT muffler?

I want to have a catback install but thats a steep price :'(

From the many sound clips I've listened to, they all are louder than I'd prefer. Are there mufflers that are just slightly louder than stock? Even the quietest Nameless system seems too loud to me.

search for hogzaust in the forum

search for hogzaust in the forum

Do Hogzaust, attract cops. Trust me. Cops see stock looking exhaust making a lot of noise they think is broken, and thus creating a violation. Hogzaust will get you a ticket in PA.

Do Hogzaust, attract cops. Trust me. Cops see stock looking exhaust making a lot of noise they think is broken, and thus creating a violation. Hogzaust will get you a ticket in PA.

I have Hogzausted 2 cars and it's not loud at all. My Nameless 5' muffled axlebacks are louder.

I briefly hogzausted my LGT. I did not like the sound at all, but it was definitely quieter than my Q300. If you want to fine-tune the volume of the sound I think a washer or two is a fine solution.

I'm curious, what would they ticket you for? In AZ as long as you have a cat and are below the maximum decibels you're good. Hogzaust doesn't affect the emissions systems at all.

I have Hogzausted 2 cars and it's not loud at all. My Nameless 5' muffled axlebacks are louder.

Its not the noise itself. Its the stock look and the noise that attract attention. Its illegal in many states to modify your exhaust for the sole purpose of amplifying noise. Examples of this are hogzaust or a cutout and butterfly valve.

Going with a larger diameter exhaust with freer flowing mufflers is legal as long as all emission control equipment is in place, the exhaust is free from leaks, and expels exhaust gases away from the passenger cabin. Louder noise from larger exhaust is just a byproduct of more airflow.

I beat a ticket with that very argument that is backed by the PA inspection manual.

Archived