LegacyGT.com

Anywhere to buy Subaru extended waranty on-line?

Take that money and put it in your own saving account, save it for when/if you may need it. Add a little to it every month or so.

You'll be better off in the long run. Why give them your money so they can make intrest on it and then fight you when you want it back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Take that money and put it in your own saving account, save it for when/if you may need it. Add a little to it every month or so.

You'll be better off in the long run. Why give them your money so they can make intrest on it and then fight you when you want it back.

to each their own. I paid $800 for my 7yr 100Kmi $0 ded warranty on my car, and i made back at least half of that when i Had my front struts replaced, Well worth the piece of mind IMHO.

to each their own. I paid $800 for my 7yr 100Kmi $0 ded warranty on my car, and i made back at least half of that when i Had my front struts replaced, Well worth the piece of mind IMHO.

Clearly you've never had your car serviced at a Subaru dealership.

There's so many things that can and will go wrong in a turbo Subaru that the warranty, even if you have it, won't save your ass. It's only as good as the people who will honor it. How many mechanics do you know that will honor a one-time payment that ultimately results in them working on your car for free whether they want to or not?

Struts warrantied? Ha! Child's play, my man. When these things blow up, it's messy. The turbo will take out the entire engine and requires replacement of pretty much everything. Say you paid an extra $2000 for the extended warranty at time of purchase. Then, right before 100k miles, the turbo eats shit, and spits shards all into the engine. A new engine, with labor, is gonna run a dealership (their shitty pricing) about $6-8k. That's three to four times the value of what you paid for the warranty. Now, if they were in the business of giving customers the better end of the deal, they wouldn't last very long, would they?

So what do they do? They'll just replace your turbo -- Nevermind the engine damage. If it's still running, they'll let you ride with it unti it doesn't. They'll replace the turbo (~$1100) and send you on your way.

A few thousand miles later, the new turbo dies. They swear up and down it's not their fault. Unless you're a Subaru Certified Magician, how are you gonna prove them wrong to SOA? That's right -- you're not. They'll fight you tooth and nail to avoid having to do any more free work on your car, and if they're forced to do anything else, it'll be bare minimum and shoddy quality. Meanwhile, you're stroking yourself to the peace of mind that you just bought, thinking that you're being taken care of and everything's gonna be OK.

Sadly, it's not.

Max Capacity is right -- Save your ducats for yourself, you're much better off. That "peace of mind" you think you bought, isn't.

Clearly you've never had your car serviced at a Subaru dealership.

There's so many things that can and will go wrong in a turbo Subaru that the warranty, even if you have it, won't save your ass. It's only as good as the people who will honor it. How many mechanics do you know that will honor a one-time payment that ultimately results in them working on your car for free whether they want to or not?

Struts warrantied? Ha! Child's play, my man. When these things blow up, it's messy. The turbo will take out the entire engine and requires replacement of pretty much everything. Say you paid an extra $2000 for the extended warranty at time of purchase. Then, right before 100k miles, the turbo eats shit, and spits shards all into the engine. A new engine, with labor, is gonna run a dealership (their shitty pricing) about $6-8k. That's three to four times the value of what you paid for the warranty. Now, if they were in the business of giving customers the better end of the deal, they wouldn't last very long, would they?

So what do they do? They'll just replace your turbo -- Nevermind the engine damage. If it's still running, they'll let you ride with it unti it doesn't. They'll replace the turbo (~$1100) and send you on your way.

A few thousand miles later, the new turbo dies. They swear up and down it's not their fault. Unless you're a Subaru Certified Magician, how are you gonna prove them wrong to SOA? That's right -- you're not. They'll fight you tooth and nail to avoid having to do any more free work on your car, and if they're forced to do anything else, it'll be bare minimum and shoddy quality. Meanwhile, you're stroking yourself to the peace of mind that you just bought, thinking that you're being taken care of and everything's gonna be OK.

Sadly, it's not.

Max Capacity is right -- Save your ducats for yourself, you're much better off. That "peace of mind" you think you bought, isn't.

Yea, except I'll sue the dealership, and that will be lots of court time, I don't care if it costs me 10K in legal fees. It wont be hard to find an expert witness, it sounds like you just gave up too easily, which i'm sure is what they are counting on.

Yea, except I'll sue the dealership, and that will be lots of court time, I don't care if it costs me 10K in legal fees. It wont be hard to find an expert witness, it sounds like you just gave up too easily, which i'm sure is what they are counting on.

My bad. Sounds like you've got all figured out, brother.

Archived