LegacyGT.com

Virginia tri-cities meet

TRBO SUB

Hey guys, sorry to hijack, but does anyone have any suggestions for a rebuild of an 06 LGT? It's at the dealership now, and I've gotta start making some decisions. Just looking for good local input. PM me with any help if you don't mind. Thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, sorry to hijack, but does anyone have any suggestions for a rebuild of an 06 LGT? It's at the dealership now, and I've gotta start making some decisions. Just looking for good local input. PM me with any help if you don't mind. Thanks!

Where are you located? The subie guy is a great technician, hes in richmond and he buys his parts from me. I recommend him if you cant afford a dealer repair.

Hey guys, im in Midlothian, have a 2.5i 5MT, and work for Subaru there. Let me know about a meet!

We have our meets on Thursday nights at various locations around Richmond and then usually cruise / have an event after. Last night we went indoor go karting at Thunder Racing. Hell of a lot of fun and definitely recommended by me!

Check out the FB group RVA Subies. Request to join and that will keep you posted on everything we do and joke around about.

Are there many (any) non-turbo subies there?

Yea, there are several 2.5i's, a 3rd gen NO wagon, a forester or two, among others. Come check us out on Thursday! Not sure where we'll be but I'll update this thread each week with meet time / location.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know there are several groups in the are, your best bet would be NOVA Subaru's. Look them up on Facebook. If you're ever down in rva though, we meet every Thursday night at different locations for dinner then cruise around afterwards.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone in the Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfield areas have any suggestions on places to get a state inspection that may be a little more lenient?

I don't have any big issues (Tires are all less than 6 months old, brake pads and rotors all ~1 year old, all wipers relatively new, all lights in working order) but do have a leaky CV boot that's caused a little bit of a mess under the car and smokes a little when it hits the exhaust, and their is a bit of an exhaust leak (just need to replace the gaskets at the muffler). The last place I took it failed me the first time because one of the license plate bulbs wasn't working (just disconnected).

Back home, my mechanic just checked my tires, took a quick peek at my brakes, had me flash all the lights and beep the horn and sent me on my way.

Just looking for a place that's not going to give me to much of a hard time. You can PM me if you don't want to post the shop info publicly.

Archived