LegacyGT.com

variations/manufacturer changes between 4th gen models?

I have on 05 GT. The one feature I really wish this car had was a telescoping steering wheel. I don't know if later models have this. I'm over 6ft tall. In order to have enough room or my legs, I have to move the seat quite a bit back, but if move it to the spot I think would be ideal, I have to stretch my arms too far forward to reach the steering wheel. So I have to move a seat up a bit to get to a comfortable distance for my arms, which means it feels a little cramped for my legs... but I like the car so I put up with it.

I have on 05 GT. The one feature I really wish this car had was a telescoping steering wheel. I don't know if later models have this. I'm over 6ft tall. In order to have enough room or my legs, I have to move the seat quite a bit back, but if move it to the spot I think would be ideal, I have to stretch my arms too far forward to reach the steering wheel. So I have to move a seat up a bit to get to a comfortable distance for my arms, which means it feels a little cramped for my legs... but I like the car so I put up with it.

It's not close to the dash like a BMW, is it? I feel like a granny in those. I like the wheel to protrude a bit.

Have this problem as well :(

Hmmm looks like I'll have to sit in different versions. I'd like to have my arms bent with some form of rest area. Even the Crown Vic has some level of comfort.

I noticed that Subaru owners call the exhaust manifold and up-pipe. In the MR2 world we just call it an exhaust manifold. We call the down-pipe a down-pipe and we also have a B-pipe then muffler. Is there a difference in design or is it just a different name?

Not sure how the LGT is setup yet or how many cats there are. I'm assuming there are pre-cats as with most cars from the same era, but unconfirmed.

My 09 has telescoping steering wheel.

Hmmm looks like I'll have to sit in different versions. I'd like to have my arms bent with some form of rest area. Even the Crown Vic has some level of comfort.

I noticed that Subaru owners call the exhaust manifold and up-pipe. In the MR2 world we just call it an exhaust manifold. We call the down-pipe a down-pipe and we also have a B-pipe then muffler. Is there a difference in design or is it just a different name?

Not sure how the LGT is setup yet or how many cats there are. I'm assuming there are pre-cats as with most cars from the same era, but unconfirmed.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

That may help .

The exhaust manifolds come from the heads to the up pipe, (05-06 have a cat in the up pipe) 07-09's have a air pump.

The turbo sits on top of the up pipe. I think you can figure out where the down pipe is and comes from...;)

Dp also has a cat in 05-09.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

MR2's are great, but totally not for practical applications. It really is just a car to drive and smile even after my hair falls out and the young ladies think I'm a creepy perv lol.

Were you an MR2.com or OC forum member at one point? With that many MR2's under your pedigree, you must have been especially if you stuck with the gokart of a MK1.

I bought my second one from an ad on mr2.com, I'm the quiet guy who reads a lot but seldom posts.

And having a LGT that is fun to drive I should sell the MR2, but every time I drive it, it puts a smile on my face. I do like the go-kart feel.

Max, great info. Thank you. Those will come in handy. I get what you mean by "air pump" now. It sounds like the 05-06 had pre-cats vs full blown cats, but the PDF specifically states front cat. They'd be bulky SOB's wouldn't they lol.

John, that's exactly why I haven't let go of MR2's yet lol. Permagrin all day long. I still see old, old, white hair old, gentlemen flying around town in my area.

Archived