LegacyGT.com

2003 Legacy GT Wagon Build

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build, if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost for the engine swap, including upgraded parts. Sorry if I missed that but I don't recall you mentioning the cost.

For just the swap, I'd have to break it down on a spread sheet. I've only been keeping track of the total overall cost.

My grand total so far though is like $26k spent with all the Miscellaneous JDM Parts and all the shipping and fees included. With the swap and just power making stuff is prolly around $14K-ish? In retrospect, I wish I wouldnt have spent the money that I did but the build is unique and does grab a lot of attention on the streets. I've still got a few things left to do so i think when it's all complete and the way I envisioned, I'll be happier overall.

For just the swap, I'd have to break it down on a spread sheet. I've only been keeping track of the total overall cost.

My grand total so far though is like $26k spent with all the Miscellaneous JDM Parts and all the shipping and fees included. With the swap and just power making stuff is prolly around $14K-ish? In retrospect, I wish I wouldnt have spent the money that I did but the build is unique and does grab a lot of attention on the streets. I've still got a few things left to do so i think when it's all complete and the way I envisioned, I'll be happier overall.

Thanks man, I didn't foresee it costing that much but it's your car and I think everyone has the right to do what they want to their car. Again, I really like the build. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Just curious, where did you get your 255 from? Im saving up for the swap as you have but I do like the 207 more just for the fact that it's a small high rev engine.

Super clean wagon dude. Love the hell out of it.

I got the EJ255 from a forester Xt. I went with the 255 so i would have a more torque down low with my tranny. I do mostly city driving and at mile high altitude. Also, the 2.0l are dogs with the A/C on in the summer in the mountains.

Ive got a buddy that did a 2.0l swap on his BE5 sedan but he has a 6-speed so it handles the way the power comes on better.

Thanks man, I didn't foresee it costing that much but it's your car and I think everyone has the right to do what they want to their car. Again, I really like the build. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

It ended up being more expensive because I bought a lot of stuff brand new and shiney. Like the Beatrush pulleys, I just over paid for bling. New intercooler, new turbo, etc etc. The build could be done much cheaper if you can source more used parts and not get all JDM crazy like me. Also, obviously if you can do the work yourself, you save a few grand right there. Getting stuff from Japan is super expensive once you add up all the broker fees and shipping costs. Thanks again and good luck with your build.

• 10 months later...

its been a while since ive posted any updates.

Things are HAPPENING!!!! trying to get the car ready for the Rocky Mountain Subaru Festival on Sept 10th.

JDM Front end getting swapped, new exhaust, sti Steering rack.

sneak peek at some stuff that is going on now. Look forward to more pics in the next couple weeks

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/seishowtime/Legacy%20Parts/IMG_4542_zpsjvvnyqew.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/seishowtime/Legacy%20Parts/IMG_4191_zpsp07wcryw.jpg

got the front end conversion on for the Rocky Mountain Subaru Festival. Unfortunately i did not take home another trophy because my car was parked a vendor space and was not judged for competition at the show. More photos to come in the future.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/seishowtime/Legacy/IMG_4558_zpsymca2jo6.jpg

Ohhh! I need your help ...i was buld just same project like you, also i live in japan and my leggy is a jdm gt-vdc ... so, i change yesterday my "c" headlights to the "d" model, all lights working fine but the electronic adjustment system don't...where is the difference on systems, al cables is the sabe socket type abd all wire is same color on same position ...how do you do on your car?

Ohhh! I need your help ...i was buld just same project like you, also i live in japan and my leggy is a jdm gt-vdc ... so, i change yesterday my "c" headlights to the "d" model, all lights working fine but the electronic adjustment system don't...where is the difference on systems, al cables is the sabe socket type abd all wire is same color on same position ...how do you do on your car?

You need to replace the leveler switch in your dash with a D-type switch. They changed the signalling between the A-C types and D-type. The switches look identical, but are not cross-compatible for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...