LegacyGT.com

Looking at an 05 LGT. Anything I should look for?

HFT_Eliot

So I'm going to be looking at a 2005 LGT 5 Speed. It has 122k miles. New timing belt, seals, water pump, coolant, spark plugs. It has newer tires and 70% left on the breaks. It also has a VF52 just put on it, Spt cold air intake, Megan Racing up and down pipe and a stage 2 tune. I should also mention that it is owned by a mechanic and is said to be very well taken care of. I can also post pictures if needed. Anything I should look for? Problems with the 05? Fair pricing? Thanks! All advice is gladly taken!

Ask him if the banjo filter has been removed that feeds the turbo ?

If yes, that's a good thing.

Ask why was the turbo replaced?

Has he been the only owner ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

He is the second owner and I don't think the banjo filter is removed. How hard is it to do so? As for the turbo since turbo seals can go out at 100k he just happened to find a good deal on the turbo brand new and got it. Everything is in working condition because this is his current dd.

Sounds like a good car.

Ask when the last time the tranny and diff fluids were changed and what he used.

Subaru Extra-S is the best thing to use, Amsoil Severgear and Motul 300 are others that are ok, most everything else will cause issues.

Oh, the banjo is a little PITA but doable with a stubby 17mm ratcheting box wrench, there's a DIY on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure but I can do that myself. What would you suggest it the first thing I should do to the car? and also should I worry about the miles or is that fine since alot of things have been replaced. Thanks for the help!

Archived