LegacyGT.com

video. dealership said they can't hear nothing wrong

Yes. But the dealership can't hear anything wrong so they won't work on it. Anyone out there know a good subaru dealership in ohio

The warranty is the reason they won't work on it. Is it Subaru warranty? If so, I would call SOA and open up a claim, especially if the warranty is near running out.

Yes I bought it with a 6 year 100k. I got a little over 3 years left on it. I was wanting to sell the car but I'm pretty sure no one will buy it sounded like that

Go to same dealer and tell them you'd like to trade it in...then they will figure there is a problem with it...then you can fix it through warranty...lol...make them feel stupid...that's odd that they would treat you that way...definitely report that dealership to SOA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Call SOA and demand that a representative meet you at the dealership. I had that with a Mitsubishi Diamante I bought. I kept telling them wrist pins were bad and they kept saying that it had no noise. FINALLY the rep met me there and he listened with a stethoscope and said..."that sounds like wrist pins knocking"...THANK YOU ! ! ! !

They fixed it under warrant but did a piss poor job. Never own an other Mitsubishi piece of crap.

There's no excuse for "We can't hear it knocking"...Keep the video and send that to SOA too.

Good luck.

They hear it, they just don't want to fix it because they are not going to do a $3k+ job for free.

Yes, its knocking. I'd take it to a independent shop that specializes in Subaru. If you let the dealership fix it(if they do fix it under warranty), it'll knock again in a 1 year or 2. If not something else will go wrong.

Yes, that means you are paying the whole repair bill, Or you could just sell it as is for maybe 5k or 6k

The car is all stock with only 39000 miles. But the thing is I got into a argument with the manager he wanted me to pay 140 bucks just to tell me that they can't hear a knock. He finally got mad enough to tell me to take the car home and never come back again and he would pay the bill. And of course I laughed at him and said what makes you think I would ever bring it back to you. The knock will get hard to hear after it warms up. And it's only loud when there is a load on the motor

Go to same dealer and tell them you'd like to trade it in...then they will figure there is a problem with it...then you can fix it through warranty...lol...make them feel stupid...that's odd that they would treat you that way...definitely report that dealership to SOA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I love that idea. I would if they had a car I liked. A local dealership said they would give me 12500 for it. I told them the least I would take is 15000

could be your variable cam timing or whatever that is called....(the very top left pulley that your timing belt is on)....(i think thats where that is at)

To me it sounds like it's coming from top driver side of the engine. Right underneath that black intake

Archived