LegacyGT.com

99 SUS tires?

Im looking to put some new tires on my SUS. i dont want something that its straight highway, but that is all i can really find. Id really like to have something with a little bit of meat to go off road if need be. I saw a pic on here of a meaty A/T on an SUS, but idk the brand. If anyone can give me a name of a good meaty tire that will fit, it doesnt have to be stock size, but it does have to fit. Please post some pics of outbacks and SUS with beefy tires.

What is your wheel and tire size? I know a lot of the guys over at dirtyimpreza like to run General Grabbers and Geolanders were stock on Foresters for a while.

Geolander A/T-S in 205/70-15, Overall Diameter 26.5"

Grabber AT 2 in 205/75-15, Overall Diameter 27.1"

There is also the Pirelli Scorpion ATR, which looks like a more highway-friendly tire than the Grabbers or Geolanders.

Scorpion ATR in 205/70-15, Overall Diameter 26.1"

The Yokohama Geolander or the Pirelli Scorpion would be a fairly safe bet -- they should be a close-to-OE fit. If you can break out the measuring tape and ensure that the General Grabber would fit, I think a lot of guys like to run them off-road.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/yokohama/yo_geo_at_s_bw_ci2_l.jpg

Yokohama Geolander AT-S

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/general/ge_grabber_at2_owl_ci2_l.jpg

General Grabber AT 2

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/pirelli/pi_scorpion_atr_bw_ci2_l.jpg

Pirelli Scorpion ATR

goodrich Advantage A/T all season M & S is a tire that i like.

i think the M&S gives it the beefier tread design.

they also make one that is more just hiway with almost the same name.

it has a tread like the geolander pic above.

idk if it is the same quality or price.

the price is reasonable,

and available almost everywhere.

but tires are a little like oil,

everybody has one they like and one they hate.

i will not buy goodyear tires.

ive been reading a lot on the other legacy forums about using OB and FOR springs and stuff, but since my car has an Outback suspension already idk how much of a lift the FOR stuff would give me. with that said, i cant find any good web sites that have the right items to lift an Outback.

Did you check out that link? The guy starts with Outback suspension on his 'L' but goes to GR2s paired with lift springs. I don't know for sure, but you might be able to get away with just springs. If you are looking for a milder lift, just get spacers from Subtle Solutions or Jackson Rally.

i have read about people using outback stuff on there Ls, but i thought since the SUS has an outback suspension that it wouldnt do anything. and i was told FOR springs would only give it about 1/2 inch. Iv found a few people that custom make parts, but idk if they still do it, the post are over 4 or 5 years old. If i knew every exact piece that i need, i could have them custom made at a machine shop in town, but i dont know the right specs. i have found some spacers and screw in lifters, but i have read that they cant handle even mild off roading (they fall out) and if i get a bigger tire, when they fall out, POP goes the tire. Im begining to think that im will have to completly custom make an entire suspension to get the lift im looking for lol

• 2 weeks later...
So I found a set of General Grabber AT2s online, but im looking at 205/75 instead of 205/70. do you think they will rub with the stock suspension? i ordered some screw in spacers, ill have them in sometime next week. I just dont want the tires to rub stock, but fit with the spacers, then on of the screws fall out and blow the new tire.

oh and yes i did check that link btw, i like the lift he has, especially since he has the pics next to an SUS identical to mine. so i think im going to start saving and try to do that. but i like the old school wagons lift. thats what i really want, like bad lol

• 2 months later...

Archived