LegacyGT.com

Successful 4EAT to 5MT swap in 98 OBW, One last question

A friend of mine really wanted to help me convert my car to a 5 speed, so when we found a 97 OBW Limited with a clean drivetrain, I jumped at the chance. He dealt with all the wiring so I have no clue what this problem is, but my turn signals don't work. The hazard lights work and the alarm lights go off all as they should, but when I flip the turn signal either way it just doesn't work. I did swap ECUs, so maybe there's a problem there, but I really think it's the wiring because he cut all sorts of shit down there. Other than that though, the car runs and drives great. It's low geared as all hell hehe.

Long story short, if anyone has a diagram or knowledge of where the wires for the turn signals go from the steering rack, that'd be greeat. Thanks guys.

EDIT: I almost forgot. I didn't pull the center console trim piece around the shifter from the donor car because I thought they were the same. It doesn't appear to be the same… Can anyone confirm or deny that the two trim pieces between the 4EAT OBW and the 5MT OBW are the same around the shifter? Anyone have pics of their 5MT center console piece? Thanks again.

Well im taking his word for it when he says every wiring thing was necessary so idk. Can you specify what should have been done to the starter circuit? From what i understand, he grounded a pin to the ecu controlled ground to tell the ecu there was a manual tranny instead of an auto. Also jumped the neutral switch in the center console so i can leave it parked in gear if i need to (if ebrake goes out) and he unplugged one of the tcm clips because i didnt need it anymore for whatever reason. Runs fine other than a few CELs for arbitrary shit, but i need turn signals. I know i have one blown fuse but the problem is i dont know which fuse controls the turn signals. I have a short somewhere for sure, so i dont want to replace the fuse if its just gonna blow again, hence the diagram request.

Archived