LegacyGT.com

PO244 & Stock

Hey guys, I did a search before I created this thread and just about everybody seems to throw this code when they are modded. I'm bone stock except for a Borla Catback that was installed when the car was new (under 5k miles)...it now has 61k on the clock...everything else is bone stock and always was.

It happened when I was on the car right around 4500 rpm...the car is a 5eat. Almost felt like I hit fuel cut or something.

They are telling me it's turbo/wastegate related which I read here from my searches. My question is, what is the remedy for this code? What should they (Dealer) be looking for? Are there any things they would tell me that are wrong that should throw up a red flag?

I'm covered via extended warranty to 80k btw.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Vin

PM, Nrw he would have some info about that.

I think this just pop's up from time to time when the air temp changes and you get a bost spike. but I could be wrong on that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you checked around the engine for a vacume hose that may have fallen off. You may have to remove the plastic engine cover so you can see better.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I got P0244, from overboost, caused by a broken wastegate hose. I was able to replace the hose without removing the intercooler, though it probably would've been easier to just pull the IC first.

Here's the thread I started when I had the issue:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/p0244-need-help-part-number-210023.html?t=210023

Go easy on the throttle and keep your RPMs down to stay out of boost until you get this fixed.

Thanks for the reply. The dealership has the car right now, but I will be sure to tell them when they call me that it could potentially just be a broken hose.

Appreciate it :)

Make sure you post back with what the resolution is. That way, if somebody a few weeks/months/years from now is searching for P0244 and find this thread, they'll find a possible solution instead of a dead end.

Well, I stopped by the dealership today to see if there was a status update and the manager says he thinks I need a new turbo...lol. I mean I guess it's possible and i'm covered till 80k so as much as a new turbo sounds cool but I recommended to check what everyone here has said and to check the hoses around and the waste gate. I'd rather just have the car back quicker lol.

We'll see what happens.

UPDATE: Picked up the car today...drove it 3 miles, got on it a few times and the last time with car in paddle shift and 2nd gear around 4000rpm, about to shift into 3rd...boom coded :(

lol, it's kinda funny now. Brought the car right back...same code: PO244, so they are keeping it to go over again.

Part replaced was FP Number 22012AA220 - Sen Assy-Vac

Anyone know if that is actually the waste gate solenoid?

Also anyone have any other ideas, lol? They said they checked all the hoses and everything was tight and on.

Could I actually have a bad waste gate or turbo?

Super fustrating

UPDATE...PART 2. Well about an hour later, I get a call from the service manager to come and pick up the car. I ask what it was and he says, "just come get it, I'll tell ya when you get here. I show up 10 minutes later and he hands me not one, but two BROKEN hoses. ;)

He was like, "it was never the solenoid"...I said, "I told you to tell your guy to check the hoses...maybe he missed one, I don't see how he coulda missed two". He nodded. Initially when he told me the solenoid was bad, he said his guy checked all the hoses and everything was good and tight...i guess not so much lol.

Anyway...car seems fine now, so problem solved...at least for now.

Did they replace the turbo? You should have let them replace it -- That's like, what 99% of the warranty is for!

I guess I should have, but my wife drives this car 90% of the time and I couldn't really afford to have it down for that long...

Archived