LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy Wagon 2.5L OEM Suspension

I was thinking of redoing my suspension - car has 90k miles on it and it's starting to drive rough (NYC potholes don't help). Does anyone know the OEM suspension setup on these cars? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on the suspension - I'm just looking to replace the OEM with either OEM parts or slightly better. Does anyone have recommendations? I don't know much about suspension setups, but I know if I purchase parts separately online I could have someone install them for me for much less (don't need to pay overhead prices on parts through someone else). I don't care about lowering the car either - stock height is fine with me (I use it to carry equipment and for work). Thanks in advance.

KYB Excel-G/GR2 shocks & struts are great OEM replacements. Stock springs should be fine for now. Might be worth it to check your LCA bushings as well, I know mine are pretty toast after 170k kms.

Also double check that the shop you take it to will install parts you bring in yourself. I've ran into a few that refuse to install parts that aren't purchased directly from them.

You might want to consider warranty. The shop I use will install parts I bring in, but they will warranty parts they sell. That fact saved me some bucks when they found a noise I had was caused by a brake pad they installed that was manufactured a little out of spec.

Also, when buying online it pays to buy from a reputable seller. There are a lot of fakes out there.

Go see what Sears can do for you. They put on OEM replacement shocks give you a warranty and send you on your way.

Most of us here are a little more picky. The recommended Koni and Epic spring set up is about $1200 by the time its all done with a install and alignment and new mounts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived