LegacyGT.com

Subaru Sales for March 2014

dgoodhue

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/584/1/subaru-america-inc-reports-best-month-ever

Legacy Sales are down ~25% for the year. What is interesting that I read on cars101.com is

"Most models were up for March. The exceptions were the discontinued Tribeca which still managed a respectable (considering its been discontinued) 139 cars, the rear wheel drive BRZ which is struggling with a temporary bit of winter doldrums, and the Legacy which is only due a tight supply without enough cars available."

I looked through previous cars101.com comments and notice a mention of weak inventory in Jan 2014 as well. I wonder why? Is the plant being slowed down for tooling of the 2015 Legacy or perhaps sacrificed for Outback production (To me it's amazing that its continues to gains sales in the final year of production after year after year of impressive gains)

Its kind of Funny that WRX are sales up for the year and recorded a 10 year best month. The first '15 WRX sales were the last week of March '14. I guess their was a lot of demand of for the remaining 2014's and last of the EJ WRX's and Hatchbacks...

I guess weak inventory it is... only two dealer near by me, they only has 6 total Legacy in stock, haven't seen they get more than that for the past 3 months. I prefer bad sales then less inventory so I can get good deal on the Legacy. :(

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

That is really surprising because the Legacy and WRX are considered by many to be "ugly". We definitely didn't buy our Legacy due to the looks. I never thought it was ugly, but didn't think it was a good looking car.

The fifth gen has been successful throughout it's production run. The only think slowing it down has been availability. Lack of inventory will turn off "fence" shoppers cross shopping with other brands who would be sold if a color, wheel package, manual transmission, etc. were available.

Maybe Subaru makes them "ugly" to be able to keep up with demand. ;):lol:

Spot on with availability. In 2012 I was looking for an LGT. Nowhere to be found. Little did I know how few were made. My business went elsewhere.

They do seem to be pushing the Outback a lot. Maybe they just have so many versus other models?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Archived