LegacyGT.com

05 LGT manual, Lurching, boost leak?

Got my car with 157k, ran like a champ for 5 days. Now ive got a gas smell inside my car, a terrible lurching under throttle, and random boost amounts that sometimes completely cut out and leave me with an N/A car with absolutely no boost. Not only that, but a faint white/clear smoke coming out of my hood scoop.

cant say im pleased, any idea what problem/multiple problems i have???

+1

Need some more details.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Smoke test it too. That should show if there is a vacuum leak or not.

-Mike Paisan

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

Doesn't sound ideal. Did you get a compression test before you bought it? If no then that'd be a good first step, if yes get it done again. Any pre-purchase checks?

?

ECU might be related to the boost issues but smoke coming from the engine bay almost has to be a mechanical issue - Smoke caused by the ECU would exit the exhaust as the engine is a closed system.

Yeah, I contacted a lawyer about it. The truth is that no car should blow up after 7 days of ownership and a "120 point" inspection. Oil is brown, and the tow truck had tons of brown oil on the bed.

That's a bummer, although with 157k on the ticker I'm not sure what a lawyer will be able to accomplish, hopefully at least you can get the dealer to pay or help pay for the engine replacement.

-Mike Paisan

Ouch. Man, that sucks. I'd be interested to learn what the problem ended up being. Definitely look into getting another one, but maybe hunt for one with less than 6 figures on the odometer. They don't make em like they used to, so it is hard to find cars that can live for hundreds of thousands of miles. If they are well cared for, then yes, but this one doesn't seem like anybody really took care of it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Can't get a refund... The MS3 has corksport stickers and leads me to believe it was driven hard and put away wet. The civic has aftermarket wheels that look like poo and that car probably wasn't treated great either. Ms3 is 2009 and civic is 2008. Other options are financing a fiesta or focus st but car payments and college is an uneducated decision.

Can't get a refund... The MS3 has corksport stickers and leads me to believe it was driven hard and put away wet. The civic has aftermarket wheels that look like poo and that car probably wasn't treated great either. Ms3 is 2009 and civic is 2008. Other options are financing a fiesta or focus st but car payments and college is an uneducated decision.

Hava a lawyer write them a stern letter, I bet you will be able to get your money back. Also check state laws on used cars from dealers.

-Mike Paisan

My experience is that a lot of dealerships out there prey on people who are either strapped for money so they offer them financing and overprice their cars, or they prey on people who need a car and don't have time to argue with them. They know you need a car, so they are trying to get you to agree to an exchange instead of suing them. If you were able to get a car elsewhere and had the luxury of drawing this out in a lawsuit then they would probably come up with a better solution. You would have to get a mechanic to tell you why your car blew up and detail out how their 200 point inspection would have drawn their attention to the cause of the eventual death. If you can prove that they lied when they sold you the car then you can sue them for your money back as well as any other damages (rental car, lost time from work, legal fees, etc) You aren't really going to make any money out of it, so it isn't like a personal injury case where there is 'pain and suffering' punitive damages and all that, but you can stick it to them if you are able to spend the money to do it. But like I said, some businesses out there bank on the fact that you can't do that and they just roll the dice in the hopes that the clunkers they sell will live just long enough that it isn't obvious that they are to blame for selling you a piece of crap.

$16k is about right for a MS3, but it is a couple grand more than I'd pay for an '08 Civic Si. They are both 'boy racer' cars and it can be pretty much guaranteed that they were redlined on a daily basis. I'd avoid both cars like the plague, but that is only because I don't like Mazda and I wouldn't drive one of the most stolen cars in America. I don't like letting other idiot's and their driving records jack with my insurance. That is a factor to take into consideration too. Both of those are going to cost you more in insurance than the LGT was going to.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Also, all dealers buy cars wholesale at auction. Tell them you want them to find a comparable car at auction or through their network of dealers. I guarantee they have 2-3 wholesalers who call on their dealership regularly who can broker a deal to get the car you want.

The fact that they're offering any kind of exchange is likely indication they know they have to do *something* and that something might be dictated by dealer laws in your state.

Where are you from, TheRedSwagon?

Archived