LegacyGT.com

The argument is flawed because the nozzles aren't accurate enough. As in they don't all stop at the same level every time.

At best we are getting approximately the right gas, and our mileage is within 3% of fact.

You are correct, time of day, ambient temperatures, etc. all affect the amount of physical fuel you get into to your car. For this reason I use the same exact gas station and try to use the same exact pump (sometimes it's just not possible).

But this is why you do have to average out your numbers too, I wish I had this car longer so that I would have a bigger data set to go by, but since I don't yet, I have to do with what I have. Next trip I make if I get 30mpg +/- 2mpg, again that means the tune changes where indeed good though.

Earlier today, temp around 69F and driving about 60mph on the highway, I was getting 33-37mpg(gauge) on flat ground! Still had my snow tires on too along with mud-flaps.

Boost/vacuum gauge helps a lot and as far as influencing driving techniques, IMO it works a little better than using the MPG gauge. Though, what I've noticed the most is I get crappy MPG with "abrupt" changes in throttle; I'm assuming tip-in is pretty rich.

Are you looking at the MPG or the MPG AVG gauge? Regular MPG gauge will jump around a lot (Down hill you will get 100mpg, up hill you will get 1mpg), Idling you get 0, this is why you have to use AVG over a bunch of miles.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived