LegacyGT.com

Nameless Performance - Legacy GT Wagon Catback Exhaust

legacy360

Those 5" turn-downs are in mint condition & have been sitting in my basement for the last 2 yrs. I keep intending to sell them but every time I listen to that clip, I hold off :)

If, and when you are looking to sell those, hit me up. I'm actually in the market for some 5" Nameless Turndowns!

A resonator or 2 should help. My reply in post #9 (http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4787007&postcount=9) is w/ catless UP, Cobb catted DP, Nameless resonated mid, Nameless Y and the Nameless 5" turn-downs. It sounded awesome but inside the wagon cabin it was too loud for my tastes (and I have a pretty high tolerance for noise inside). I swapped the 5" turn-downs for the stock mufflers. Night and day sound level esp inside the car. My tuner said the stock mufflers were only costing me ~2-3 whp on his Mustang AWD-500-SE, so it was a good choice for my application. Still wish for a little bit more sound but it's nice being able to rip on it and not have to worry too much about attracting unwanted attn.

Question:

Why not go with stock mid and Y, and the Nameless mufflers?

I believe having the nameless mid/y and stock mufflers is less restrictive than the opposite, due to larger diameter tubing.

We all need to live in a magical world where your catback sounds amazing, doesn't drone, and allows you to hear engine noise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Question:

Why not go with stock mid and Y, and the Nameless mufflers?

I believe having the nameless mid/y and stock mufflers is less restrictive than the opposite, due to larger diameter tubing.

We all need to live in a magical world where your catback sounds amazing, doesn't drone, and allows you to hear engine noise...

I actually have the stock mid/Y sitting in the garage w/ nowhere better to really store it. I think there are guys on here pushing 300 wheel or close to it through the stock cat-back. If I had the motivation & $ for just for fun power pulls I'd do some back to back testing :)

I actually have the stock mid/Y sitting in the garage w/ nowhere better to really store it. I think there are guys on here pushing 300 wheel or close to it through the stock cat-back. If I had the motivation & $ for just for fun power pulls I'd do some back to back testing :)

Alrighty then... I'm not made of the monies either, lol. I think I'm back to my plan of the Nameless 5" muffler section, Cobb catted DP, with the stock stuff in between. Way less money, and as much as I want the highest dyno numbers, in reality I drive the car every day.

Alrighty then... I'm not made of the monies either, lol. I think I'm back to my plan of the Nameless 5" muffler section, Cobb catted DP, with the stock stuff in between. Way less money, and as much as I want the highest dyno numbers, in reality I drive the car every day.

At Stage 2-ish most of the exh restriction is probably in the stock DP anyway.

• 1 month later...

don't know why I've never posted in this thread.

The kind folks at Nameless supplied me with a full TBE in the spring. This video does not fully capture the sound. I love it, but it is significantly louder in the cabin, especially cruising on the highway.

2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT

Nameless turboback exhaust with 5" mufflers

Grimmspeed UpPipe

Recorded with a Kodak Zi8, with onboard mic, so the sound quality is not terrific, but this gives a bit of an idea as to the sound level.

Quick sound test. Idle, 3k rpm and then a few throttle blips.

Earlier I took a few dB readings from 10ft directly to the rear. It's 72dB at idle. 82dB at 3k RPM and up to 96dB with some throttle blipping (up to 6k or so)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mph103g8CzE]2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT with Nameless Performance turboback exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Archived