LegacyGT.com

My Heat / Air Conditioner / Blower sounds like a Vacuum Cleaner now?

Like the topic says I turned on the heat this morning on my 2007 Legacy 2.5i and the fan blower sounds like a vacuum cleaner all of a sudden. I dropped the glove compartment at work thinking that the cabin air filter got jammed up with something but forgot about the 3 screws holding that metal clip in place so I will have to wait to really open it up.

The new sound seems be coming from the passenger side kick panel near the "front right" of where your feet are. There is a black plastic housing there but I'm not sure what is behind it. I didn't hear a sound coming from the engine when I popped open the hood.

My initial thoughts are that maybe the motor is going bad? I have been smelling something lately in my vents (thought it was exhaust/engine smell) when the car is idling with the blower on but never really gave it much thought since it dissipates after I start driving.

I welcome your thoughts / input / help with the issue and thank you in advance for reading this. Thanks!

Yeah probably your blower motor. Order one up from rock auto. It's dirt cheap, and works with a warranty too. You could in the mean time open yours up in case you are unlucky and it just has a leaf stuck in it.. open the glove box and find the three or four screws holding it in.

Archived