LegacyGT.com

08 lgt questions - tomei m8265

so I have a 08 lgt spec b and pardon me if I'm asking some no brainier info but it's been somewhat difficult to find information

rundown- I'm piecing together a turbo kit I currently have a tomei m8265, Perrin tmic, id1000s, ap, etc.

my question is both on compatibility and function I'm looking at a tomei inlet that doesn't have a legacy listed as compatible but from what I can find via other brands they're all the same? same question goes for a Cobb sf intake I'm looking at. am I looking simply looking at parts that will clearly not fit or does anyone have any "better" suggestions for my set up ? I found these parts for a good deal practically brand new along with a GS ebcs. I want to ensure proper fitment but I also don't want to buy unproven useless junk. I'm still looking for an up pipe and possibly headers (undecided on EL vs UEL thoughts?)

again sorry for my lack of knowledge I came from a 06 wrx where nearly everythkng fit. thanks again any input or ideas would be heavily appreciated and taken into consideration cheers!!

• Moderators
so I have a 08 lgt spec b and pardon me if I'm asking some no brainier info but it's been somewhat difficult to find information

rundown- I'm piecing together a turbo kit I currently have a tomei m8265, Perrin tmic, id1000s, ap, etc.

my question is both on compatibility and function I'm looking at a tomei inlet that doesn't have a legacy listed as compatible but from what I can find via other brands they're all the same? same question goes for a Cobb sf intake I'm looking at. am I looking simply looking at parts that will clearly not fit or does anyone have any "better" suggestions for my set up ? I found these parts for a good deal practically brand new along with a GS ebcs. I want to ensure proper fitment but I also don't want to buy unproven useless junk. I'm still looking for an up pipe and possibly headers (undecided on EL vs UEL thoughts?)

again sorry for my lack of knowledge I came from a 06 wrx where nearly everythkng fit. thanks again any input or ideas would be heavily appreciated and taken into consideration cheers!!

For the turbo, if you are sticking with a normal TMIC (i.e. stock, Perrin, AVO, etc), you will need it to be "flanged" where the intercooler connects. STi fitment turbos will not have this flange, but 08+ WRX turbos will have the flange.

The Cobb SF intakes are specific to our cars, I believe due to the MAF sensor hole. The air box will transfer over from 08+ WRX, but not the intake itself.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived