LegacyGT.com

Curtis's 05 LGT Build Journal

I fought an avcs code after replacing a head, similar symptoms, I have 5eat however, eneded being a loose wire on the connector of the ECU, took months to figure out. Can't hurt to try having someone move it around while it is misfiring. Best of luck! Sounds frustrating!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fought an avcs code after replacing a head, similar symptoms, I have 5eat however, eneded being a loose wire on the connector of the ECU, took months to figure out. Can't hurt to try having someone move it around while it is misfiring. Best of luck! Sounds frustrating!!

Thanks ill look into that as well.

Its very frustrating lol I had zero problems with the way the car ran before doing the swap. Perhaps I shoulda stayed stock and stayed happy.

Just curious did you add forged pistons?

Nope. Pretty much because I wanted to avoid issues like this. I don't plan to run high boost, I don't want a shit ton of power, I just want a good daily that rips.

So basically I bought a crate shortblock from Subaru, got a valve job on my heads and slapped them on with the other upgrades as you see in the build pics.

OK thanks, going to start my build posts soon, or rename my misfire /ring land post. Was planning on forged pistons, aside from that not much else, I drive 40k plus a year so I need reliability, with the power to pass people.... Again good luck and keep us posted!

Of ya FYI the shop I took mine to to do leak down test said he has seen ring lands fail with 500 miles on brand new short block, from the sounds of your compression test that's not your issue, like you said double check to make sure.

Yeah Im scared of that. Im gunna do compression again and leakdown this time to just to make sure. I mean its possible the valves arnt seating right either but I did get a valve job so it can go either way.

Archived