LegacyGT.com

2015 Golf R

I've not been this excited for a new car release since 2004 when the LGT was brought over.

The new golf R looks to be the business. 290ish HP, AWD, 6speed manual or DSG, nice interior/seats, and crazy fuel mileage!

Only problem is that we have to wait until Q1 2015 to get it! Europeans are taking delivery now and the early reports are that it is a world beater.

I use my car for work, and it will be great to have another sleeper that doesn't make clients think I am charging them too much when I pull up outside their homes!

Like everything else, they have grown quite a bit over the years. I sat in a golf a few years ago and was really impressed with the interior space and quality. It will be a bit tough to go from the OBXT, but I'll live. Also, that's what they make racks and rocketboxes for!

I drove a Jetta SportWagen TDI with DSG on Friday (2014 model). It was a nice car for $27K.....42mpg and plenty quick for a commuter.

I do like the form factor of a 3dr hatch or wagon; 5 door hatches are dumb. I'll probably wait until the '15 Golf R is released.....should make for a nice DD given the improvements.

I have always been interested in the golf R ever since I heard about it and with subaru refusing to bump the power in the STI there are few reasons to pick it over the golf.

Has anyone noticed that all the 1.8t and 2.0t VW and audi cars sound like diesels after the first 20-30kmiles? My sister has an 08 wolfsburg and I know many people with jettas/ passats and they have the loudest valvetrain in the known universe.

Archived