LegacyGT.com

Looking for a local guru, SE CT/RI?

JBear

Bought a few Subarus over the years, but this last one is the only one I've cared enough about to not risk screwing it up by wrenching on it myself. I know a lot of good mechanics, but none of them are real Subaru people. Don't really want to get into bed with the stealerships, or waste time and money having someone more competent than I am familiarize themselves with my car. Car is an '06 Leggy turbo, which we all know is a special car with its own set of quirks, strengths and weaknesses, and I'd like to be giving my money to someone who knows what they are before they meet me. If anybody knows (or is) a good Subaru tech in or near the New London County area, I'd greatly appreciate a tip in their direction!

Indeed. I stopped looking at the first forum that included CT. We're tiny, didn't figure there'd be more than one for us. So in there I found ECS in Windsor Locks, which looks good too. Maybe a little more what I was looking for. Another area I'm familiar with, and also about an hour from home. I don't know. Guess I'll see what outrageous price the local dealer wants to get the copious amounts of smoke it's making right now to stop, and I'll be flat-bedding it to one or the other for a second opinion...

Archived