LegacyGT.com

hot air

The “hot air” symptom as you call it is a distinguishing character of Subaru’s idea of Automatic Climate Control system. Can you say lack of refinement or functionality curse! The ACC system is a disaster.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Im in the springs myself Schneider. Anyway after it got cloudy this afternoon and got cooler I was wanting to drive home with the windows up but with the fan on cool. I made sure it was drawing outside air only. Well as allways it was rather warm air being blown in on me. Oh well. I doubt the dealer will do anything about it. Just kinda ticks me off that I have to either have the windows down or the ac on on a cool afternoon.

Chris C, yes Sir. Agreed! The 05MY Subaru ACC system is dysfunctional at best. Just try to get to first base with SOA on this issue. No way…they’ve circled the wagons.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

I think part of the problem is with the photo sensor on the dash. I was driving along with the temp set at 74 in auto. Outside air was mid 90's. The fan was operating at about 3/4 speed. Decided to take a different route home and drove on a road that was pretty much completely covered with overhanging trees. The air temp didn't change, but warm air started coming out. Once I turned off the road into direct sunlight, it changed to cold air.

Seems to have been discussed previously and the consensus was that the HVAC intake was too close to the back side of the intercooler and was pulling heated air from there into the HVAC intake ducting, hence the warmer than exterior air. It's frustrating and I'm gonna get this resolved one way or another.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Solutions ~ Daddy likes. Has there been a change in the ACC layout of 06MY LGT/OB XT cars? If so, the painfully obvious would be to serve as a guide to modify our 05MYcars? Independent of that, is re-routing of the fresh air intake your course of action? Or is the solution an enhanced mechanical separation of the IC and the air intake. I’m intrigued! As we speak I’m walking out to the OB XT in the garage….. I'd like to view this fresh air intake arrangement. Thanks ~

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

Mine does it too,, ,, :(

My solution,,, I turn on the AC fr just a minute or two to cool off the plastic ductwork etc.,,,, then turn the AC off,,turn back to outside air,,Voila,,, normal temp outside air coming through the vents.

Works fr me ;)

Rudy

Hey Rudy. Yeap, I to use this A/C to cool off strategy and the duct work. The strategy is short lived has been my experience. Yeah... we're all searching for work arounds such as this and the ACC. Maybe we could add this to the "how to" and the ACC operations primer.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

However you leave the havc controls, that's how it will be, switch the blowers to the floor then shut it off, no air will come through. Or turn it off, and just hit the Re-circulate air instead of flow through....both will stop the warm flow....

There's was a huge thread on this a while ago :D

A ACC search lead me to this. Another lister here wrote this regarding the Subaru ACC system. I quote, "It is the single most infuriating flaw on my otherwise excellent OBXT"

Well said, sduford ~ +1

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

Archived