LegacyGT.com

Quick question

I recently bought an 08 spec b that came with a turbo back exhaust. Yesterday while driving home from school my car threw the p2096 code. Which I understand is from running lean. I also understand that one reason it may throw this code is because the rear 02 sensor being bad. I also found out my car is not tuned for the downpipe and I am getting it tuned ASAP. I am aware of what can happen without the tune. My real question is can that code be from me over boosting and then running lean as a result? If so then my problem should be rectified with a tune correct? Thanks for any help.

Catted downpipe. Honestly I'm not sure if I over boosted or not.

It feels like hitting a brick wall. The car falls flat on its face and you have that :eek: look like its a mess. Trust me if it happens you would know.

How many miles on the car?

I had this code when a crack in the weld appeared at my aftermarket catalytic converter in the downpipe. Outside air was getting in, showing a lean condition to the rear O2 sensor that didn't really exist. Got it welded up at JBA Speed Shop here in San Diego and the problem never recurred.

Before it was fixed, the code was generally one that would appear at cruising speed on the highway, so you might want to check for any exhaust leaks between the turbo and rear O2 sensor.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had this code when a crack in the weld appeared at my aftermarket catalytic converter in the downpipe. Outside air was getting in, showing a lean condition to the rear O2 sensor that didn't really exist. Got it welded up at JBA Speed Shop here in San Diego and the problem never recurred.

Before it was fixed, the code was generally one that would appear at cruising speed on the highway, so you might want to check for any exhaust leaks between the turbo and rear O2 sensor.

Ok thanks I will check for leaks tomorrow. Ifs that's the case I can get it welded up.

I'd say that the ECU may see that lean condition and try to add fuel to compensate, so you may run rich until you get it figured out. Better rich than lean though.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1

That's the front O2 sensor.

Get a OEM one, my aftermarket one lasted 2 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1

That's the front O2 sensor.

Get a OEM one, my aftermarket one lasted 2 years.

And I wouldn't drive much/ hard with it not working.

Archived