LegacyGT.com

Loud knock when I put in gear

I have a 08 legacy gt and when I start it up the car sounds fine. But when I put in gear I hear a loud knock and it last for about 10 min before it goes away. Also my check engine my cruse control and my traction control light came on. Can anyone help

If it's the kind of knocking I think it is then the damage has already been done.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

If the battery died then your code history is gone. You can try looking for generic obdII pending codes but that's about it if your CEL is off right now.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

I took it into the dealership. I just got a feeling there going to find nothing wrong. And they will say they don't hear a knock. And charge 140 bucks for nothing, Since it's still under warranty

Codes don't get cleared from the history by just disconnecting the battery. You can still read them with a cheap obd2 adapter and software like torque.

Or find someone nearby with a tactrix cable.

Strange, I've previously always found dead batteries / disconnect batteries blowing out all stored code history.

Archived