LegacyGT.com

I have an 05 legacy gt n I think my turbo is goin out...I want to up grade with out havin to tune it...is it possible or what r other options. ..all I have done is bov n intake.

Upgrade without a tune? Not really.

• You can put in an OEM (VF40) turbo and not have to tune it. A VF46 (OE on newer LGTs) might spool faster than your stock VF40 though, and that will probably work fine.
  • You could go catless with a VF40 and do a generic stage 2 ROMRaider tune, which will work but not be as good as a real tune. That will give you more power for the same turbo. Consider setting the tables so that cylinders 2 and 4 have only one degree of extra timing over cylinders 1 and 3, instead of the factory 2 degrees.
  • You can upgrade the turbo without tuning it and drive around anyway, for science.

I suggest ditching the aftermarket intake and BOV. The intake will probably just take in warmer air than the factory snorkel thing. Warmer air means less power, and maybe knock/detonation. The BOV vents air that's already been measured into the atmosphere. That means that your ECU might be putting in more fuel than you've got air for. That could mean you run rich and have poorer gas mileage. If you like the BOV, a tune could help compensate for it.

A rebuilt vf40 would be fine.

and stay stock,

Most of us know about the problems with the factory tune or MAP.

So if your going to have the car Tuned anyway's, get a vf52 and have a little more HP on stock fueling, vf52 is a direct bolt on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived