LegacyGT.com

New to this forum

I've done some looking around and found a few things on this. but my hood doesn't seem to shut all the way in the front, I know some people have said that it is the cold weather that does it but I can honestly say I don't really remember if when I got the car it was like that it's just a gap in the front, the rest of it seems to go down all the way. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/edygura5.jpg maybe it's just the latch? Help! I'm also new to this forum so I don't know if I put this in the right place or not but I figured it was an alright place to start

Degiacobro666

Has it always been like that since you've owned the car ?

Lube the moving parts latch, hinges.

Adjust the rubber stop/bumpers.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I will say it's hard to see in the photo, can you back it outside and take a day time photo ?

Are you talking about the gap at the bumper or over the head light ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Ok, I'm thinking the cars been hit. The body shop did a bad job.

See the gap, or lack there of at the lower corner of the grill.

Did you hit a snow bank ?

did someone back into it ?

Any number of things could have caused that when you had the car parked somewhere.

Looks like you'll need to remove the grill and see what's next from there.

Clearance looks off around your headlight and grille, I would take the grille off and ensure the lower margin is clipped securely into the bumper and recheck everything else. I know that I when I had my new bumper off and then put it back everything didn't line up perfectly, particularly under the headlights.

I had some one help me with my hids so I'm guessing that was prob when it got messed up we took the grill out, that would make sense! I'm gonna try that this weekend when I have some free time

Degiacobro666

• 3 weeks later...

Archived