LegacyGT.com

I have a 08 lgt 5eat with a no crank issue. Ive had the battery disconnected for about 4 days. When I rehooked the battery I had a no crank issue. Headlightshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png are bright. I replaced the battery with a new one. No difference. Ive checked the engine compartment fuses as well as the fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side. No blown fuses. I do not get any clicking or anything when trying to start. The "start" fuse under the dash will light my test light when the key is turned to the crank position. Im not sure where that signal travels from the fuse box to? Ive tried starting the car in park and neutral. No go. I will check the signal trigger on the starter in the am. I will also run a ground wire directly to the starter so I can rule out a ground issue with the starter. The starter does have a constant 12v to it. I don't know if this matters but after the gauges prove out when the key is turned on the temp gauge goes to hot. Is it possible with the temp gauge pegged it will not allow the car to crank? I also lose power to my scan tool when turning the key to the crank position. Are there any electrical schematics for the start circuit available?

Archived