LegacyGT.com

Run mode change system check

This message appeared after I finished resealing my injectors on a 08 LGT limited 5eat. (Only had the car a couple of weeks) After doing some research, a few people found a faulty battery to be the issue. Not so in my case. I bought and installed a new battery. The original battery was unhooked for about 4 days while I resealed the injectors. I didn't feel that it was the battery but I bought a new one anyway because I wasn't sure of the age of the original. I cleaned and reattached several ground wires along the way but I intend on retracing my steps to see if I possibly left something unhooked. I did unhook and move out of the way the main harness at the RF strut tower. Ive checked that connector several times but do not see any issues with it. My symptoms are- key to the on position all of the gauges prove out as they should and the only thing I notice out of the ordinary is the temp gauge pegs itself to hot. When continuing to the start position I get a no crank no click nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

So I spent most of the afternoon retracing my steps and I can not find anything disconnected. I removed all of the grounds I had previously removed, cleaned and replaced again. Fuses are good under the hood as well as under the drivers side dash area. The start fuse under the dash lights my test light when the key is in the crank position. Would the immobilizer cause such a problem? Im not sure how Subaru is but I always had vehicles with an immobilizer issue that would at least crank over.

• 6 months later...

Archived