LegacyGT.com

Whiteline 22mm Adjustable rear sway bar hitting axle

discojon

My Legacy is stock, not changing the springs. I tried contacting "Whiteline" and turned out to be some other company that owns whitelinesuspensionparts.com and that doesn't exactly help. Since I had to put the stock bar back on I am going to just return to Amazon; I don't want to swap bars a 3rd time just to see if another one is right. Planning on getting a WRX or a Legacy GT later this year, and guess what I won't be buying for it :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's probably a slim chance but I would be worried that stacking fender washers would reduce the holding power of the mounting bolt and it could strip out though... If you just have the Avo brackets though I'd say you're fine.

Jonathan at Whiteline says that the problem has been addressed and that a new swaybay will be shipped out to me. They are also sending a set of Whiteline KLC144 end links since my AVOs were damaged by their swaybar. So far customer service has been pretty good. I'll try to make a comparison with the new swaybar vs the older one as well as the OEM when it gets here.

I spoke to the head of tech over there who we have a great relationship with. Alerted him of the issue and they are addressing it with the replacements as you guys found out.

As I've said before, every company makes mistakes. It is how they are handled that matters. I've stood out here and vouched for WL's stand up customer service for the past 12+ years and I'll continue to do so until they fail in taking care of the customers when issues arise.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Just spoke with Jonathan at WL USA, the manufacturing issue was corrected as previously reported, the bad batch did come out of US facility. They are replacing my second defective bar mm o cost and also sending a set of front adjustable end links for my troubles. Thanks for the excellent support WL USA!

Just spoke with Jonathan at WL USA, the manufacturing issue was corrected as previously reported, the bad batch did come out of US facility. They are replacing my second defective bar mm o cost and also sending a set of front adjustable end links for my troubles. Thanks for the excellent support WL USA!

Could you PM me a contact email address for him? The reseller I bought from on amazon doesn't seem to know about these problems :(

I'm so glad I found this thread. I installed a 20mm rear bar this weekend, had the same issue and was freaking out. I thought it was operator error, but have now confirmed correct installation and will be emailing shortly. Thanks for all of the info everyone!

Did you call them? They've been replacing all these bars because there was a problem with the first run production of them.

They can't replace them if they don't even know you are having a problem.

-Mike Paisan

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

Did you call them? They've been replacing all these bars because there was a problem with the first run production of them.

They can't replace them if they don't even know you are having a problem.

-Mike Paisan

vanman posted contact info of who helped him, tried and no response. Dealer was only interested in return, not a big deal. Don't really want to swap it a 3rd time...

I just got ahold of them today. Helped me out right away. Try giving them a call at (909) 476-2860. Ask for Jan or Jonathan. Or email their support line at support@whitelineus.com

They got back to my email (about something unrelated) rather quickly, but I sent it during their business hours. If you email them after 6pm PST they most likely won't get it until the following morning.

vanman posted contact info of who helped him, tried and no response. Dealer was only interested in return, not a big deal. Don't really want to swap it a 3rd time...

Oh that's right, you bought yours from Amazon aka Walmart of the internet. So the vendor isn't an actual Authorized Whiteline Dealer and they only know the part numbers and the margins they make on them. They aren't even car people so they would keep sending you the same part number because that's what their catalog says to send you rather than investigating the problem with the manufacturer or on their own Subarus! :)

-Mike Paisan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What exactly is the difference between the defective bar and the replacement? I installed the replacement with new endlinks and it looked exactly the same.... The endlinks were shorter and that seemed to make the difference...

What exactly is the difference between the defective bar and the replacement? I installed the replacement with new endlinks and it looked exactly the same.... The endlinks were shorter and that seemed to make the difference...

From my understanding it will be slightly shorter on the passenger side. It looks like it's about 10-20mm too long which causes the rubbing issue.

You can see where it was against the axle:

14386745750_36a21e1570.jpg

And the now ruined endlink:

14593520813_3236bfd523.jpg

This is the drivers side, which clearly has plenty of clearance:

14386745790_91951e99f7.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, the drivers side was absolutely fine, but the new bar appeared to do exactly the same on the passenger side with my moog endlinks... So, I'm on the search for shorter links now to remedy the issue.

Archived