LegacyGT.com

cv shafts

i gotta do cv shafts on my subie but i cant find one with the tone ring on it. and my solution is probly rather ummmmm intresting? any one got an idea how to go abs delete? or where to find cv shafts with the tone ring? yeah that might work to i guesse....

• I Donated
i gotta do cv shafts on my subie but i cant find one with the tone ring on it. and my solution is probly rather ummmmm intresting? any one got an idea how to go abs delete? or where to find cv shafts with the tone ring? yeah that might work to i guesse....

There shouldn't be a tone ring on the axles you have now. The tone ring is part of the hub

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains alot. mostly why all the cv shafts im lookin at say not abs.

thanks for the info. atleast i got some time before they need done. i need them done by april to pass inspection. i know if i do it im replacing both front but should i do the rear from the diff as well? i didnt see anything worrying but might as well kinda deal if the fronts are going the rears might as well but idk and now im just rambling

aditional info i can get the parts at shop cost through work

• I Donated
Unless the rears have obvious damage, don't mess with them. They generally don't have issues like front axles do....and they are an absolute nightmare to change.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Rears are only a nightmare if the long bolt is seized.

That has been the case on every second gen I've worked on.....more then I care to remember. Its usually easier to disconnect the subframe side of the lateral links then it is to mess with the long bolt.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived