LegacyGT.com

sunroof manual wagon!!!!

sbyrne

I was wandering around the dealer lot today while they programmed a new key fob for my '07 Impreza wagon (which my 7 year old is starting to complain does not give her enough leg room), and I noticed a forth-gen Legacy wagon with a sunroof. I had looked for one of these a few times before, and I did not think they even made them with sunroofs and 5-speeds, but I was bored and I wandered over and lo and behold! A 5-speed! I did not have a dealer sticker on it, the registration tag was ripped off, and it said "shop" on the windshield. I ran in and asked if it was going up for sale. After the sales guy spent 10 minutes consulting with somebody else at a computer, he came back and said they got it Friday as a trade-in by the original owner who just bought a new Forester and it was probably going to go to wholesale on Monday, but if I was interested I could test drive it. It is a 2006 and has only 27,000 miles! I am bringing my wife to look at it Monday, and maybe buy it.

It is a Limited, with the fancy climate control stuff. That seems to mean that adding an AUX in is a royal pain, and requires a blank CD. I'd rather do an antenna interrupt.

Tirerack seems to be telling me that I can use my 16" rims and snow tires from my Impreza on the Legacy. Does that sound right?

Anything else I should look out for?

If it is not GT (turbo) you can use 16 inch rims. GT uses 17 and 16s will not clear front brake calipers.

27K miles is super low. Adding AUX is not really hard but I wouldn't bother and just swap in a used unit from 2007+ which has factory AUX in. They popup in "For Sale" thread for 4th gen for 200+ bucks these days.

The non turbo check is nothing special I guess, just regular check for used car stuff - maintaince, brakes, oil leaks. Make sure you test that sunroof works - mine broke... Check clutch operations obviously. Suspension - links, shocks, sway bar bushings and LCA bushings - check all that out.

If its turbo then main attention goes to the engine. There is a thread I believe in 2.5Turbo engine section about main check points.

Frankly I would jump on it. If its not rusted just get it. Chances that we will see another Legacy Wagon, let alone with 5 speed, are pretty much big fat zero.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived