LegacyGT.com

Automatic Shift Knob

To each his own, but I think it sticks out like a sore thumb. I dig the knob as it fits the scheme of the interior trim, but both boots posted are black and red which don't match at all with the rest of the surrounds. Maybe a more color matched one from redline would look better. I've got products from them in the past. And yes, the chrome trim would be a plus as well.

I'm in the process of doing this also with my old shifter bezel. Now a quick question if you found a MT cover with the boot could you use it??? I saw the grey stitched one after I order the red one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I'm very happy with the result. Looks alot sportier, shift boot sits nicely http://i57.tinypic.com/2ith8bm.jpg

Now that looks good. How'd you get the chrome insert to fit?

Now that looks good. How'd you get the chrome insert to fit?

Thanks! Slight modification to the chrome surround. All I did was trim it down so that it didn't need to click into the clips. It fits nice and snug and it keeps the boot securely in place. I love it.

This definitely isn't the same fit as the AT knob. Although I am sure the quality control in it isn't the best. Ordered the same part from a different site so maybe a different fit? Now I will have to try and mod.

20140315_190957.jpg

20140315_190917.jpg

This definitely isn't the same fit as the AT knob. Although I am sure the quality control in it isn't the best. Ordered the same part from a different site so maybe a different fit? Now I will have to try and mod.

20140315_190957.jpg

20140315_190917.jpg

I bought one for my 2.5i auto but I got a manual gt so if you want the adapter for the auto pm me, I have the knob too but it is kind of scratched from use.

the adapters are the same size externally but the internal diameter is different, auto is 10mm x 1.25 and manual is 12mm x 1.25. I just took pictures of the adapters next to each other if you would like them.

Archived