LegacyGT.com

Stock legacy . SLOW! Help please!

Mike.T

Search is your friend there is a million threads on what do do! Research a ton before you spend a single dime or put anything on your car or you will learn the hard way... I just did turbo back exhaust and accessport and its much better over stock.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Generally the easiest mods are to put in a new down pipe and a new tune. Since you've got a 2000 then you'll need to look into piggy-back ECU's for tuning. Check out the 3rd gen specific part of this forum -http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/third-generation-legacy-1999-2004-96.html.

An intake might also help. In 4th gens the intake is already designed well and doesn't need to be changed unless you're going for big power, I'm not sure about 3rd gen intakes though.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is everyone suggesting turbo performance parts? The 2000 GT is a naturally aspirated engine as part of the 3rd generation Legacy. There isn't really anything cost effective to make it faster accelerating or give it more power. Like the other guys said, search is your friend. If I were you I'd focus on handling and braking upgrades.

hi i have a 2000 legacy 2.5 gt 5 speed and i am kinda new to the whole suby game . how can make my car fast. What are somethings that i can do or some websites for some good legacy parts. any info would help thanks!

Your best bet is to find a wrecked WRX and pull the engine out of it.

You'll have to research swaps like this in the 3rd generation forum here and on Nasioc.

If you can do most of the work yourself, the cost shouldn't be too bad. You can part out the donor car when you're done and make a lot of money back. Don't forget to add in costs like tuning and exhaust fabrication work.

Archived