LegacyGT.com

Luk clutch

malimx6

I thought I would update this thread to the most current information regarding Luk Clutch kit 15-026. Your are correct, This clutch is for 05-06 Legacy GT’s that have duel mass flywheel. For starters I opened the box and it is a SACHS Clutch Kit (as of date 2/5/15). Pics Here http://postimg.org/gallery/ka4c1tce/ I wanted to help update the information and clear up the confusion on these and how you can save some money on what is basically the SACHS clutch kit K70406-01 by getting the same thing in a Luk box. This clutch is for 05-06 legacy gt’s with the dual mass flywheel, I measured the outside diameter of the disk and it is correct at 9.5 in/240mm same as the Sachs I pulled out of the car what I can see is factory (despite Luks website saying its 9 7/16" ). As expected Teeth are 24 and Spline diameter is 1in. I paid $162.95 on Amazon for this kit. VS $327 for one in a SACHS box Pedal feel is much smoother and it engages smooth with no issues. ;)

So going by dimensions (thanks lovedr79), seems like this clutch is made for dual mass flywheel.

http://catalog.schaeffler-aftermarket.us/detail.phtml?make=Subaru&model=Legacy&year=2005&engine=2.5L&repset=15-026&id=3258918&query_displacement=2.5L&qualfier=

From LUK's online catalogue it shows that outside diameter of a clutch part# 15026 (which is for 2005 and 2006 lgt) is 9 7/16", spline is 1" and it has 24 teeth. Does this sound correct?

For 2007 lgt, part# 15024 shows outside diameter is 9 1/16", spline is 1" and has 24 teeth.

Rockauto part#'s match LUK's online catalogue.

Is it safe to assume that LUK 15026 is indeed a clutch for dual mass fw?

Could someone confirm these dimensions?

Thanks for all the help

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah i on that i am not sure, but looking at the pressure plate pics on Rockauto.com it may be sourced from EXEDY but the disk looks different, i have not idea, but i do know luk is supposed to be close to OEM specs and quality. Good luck !

• 9 months later...

Archived