LegacyGT.com

Windshield cracked within 20 days...

madcheeku

Hi,

I got my gt on the 6th of this month and today while driving on the interstate I noticed a crack on the lower passenger side of the windshield. It looks like some small stone or something might have caused it.

I am now worried if the warrantly would cover it? Any idea what its going to cost to fix it if Subaru refuses to so anything abt it..not sure if it would be even worth going thru the insurance due to the deductable.

The notorious suby windshield. I feel for you on that one. I had a similar thing happen just a few weeks after i got the car. Since then its been one good smack after another. I have a few cracks and chips taken out, nothing which has spread though. Most of them made it through the winter and our 100+ summer days as well, so i don't plan on doing anything about it untill i am forced to.

Depending on what your deductible is, it might be cheaper to go that route. With the heating element inside the glass, it can get expensive to replace.

windshield repair?? This wouldn't be a warranty issue if caused by a rock.

I went through four windshields in my Jeep in one year....all under warranty. They were stress cracks from a bad design. Hot air blows right on the windshield and with ice/snow on the other side, I would hear and see the crack happen in the winter.

moved to 'exterior'

I am on window number 5 in 10months/20,000mi! Get glass coverage if you drive on the highway at all. They are 400 and change apiece and not worth a cent of it! Subaru cheeped out big time on are glass!

So is your glass coverage thru Subaru or the insurance company. Online progrssive says they pay after deductable, which isn't of much help.

Oh if my family did not work at a shop and I did not have glass coverage, There would have been a huge seen at the dealership and I probably would have sold the car...witch I may have to do anyway if I am refused glass coverage next year...I mean I love the thing but this is getting rediculess.

The 400 is what the insurance Co. was charged each time it was replaced; the first time it was actually 640ish and I hade to wait a week for one to come off the production line.

The last time the guy put one in he tolled me not to tale gate and I just about went off on him. I drive this car no differently then any other I have owned and the only other car I have ever broken a window in was a Saturn and it was once in the 2.5years I owned it, and I know four sure it was a huge rock (the size of a quarter) that did it. A large piece of sand will crack the Subaru window. It is hands down the most disappointing thing about the car.

Archived