LegacyGT.com

need advice

WondersMelonade

I have a 05 wagon(auto) and have been following a few different posts about the driveability of the car. My problem seems different than all of them, though. I have a AVO inlet, catted dp, full exhaust, stock intake and no idea what tune because I just bought the car with the mods. The car runs real bad when cold so I had the intake gaskets done. After the engine warms up The car falls on its face and backfires at wot 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Intake gaskets did nothing to help except fixing a cruise control issue it had.

Should I be looking for a pro tune? How about a known OTS? I don't have a programmer or anything right now. I've been all over the engine looking for vacuum or turbo leaks and can find nothing. No cel, either.

Thanks guys.

think you can check the codes yourself on that model year.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/code-reader-23292.html?t=23292&highlight=code

More than a protune (which is still a good idea given that you don't know what kind of ROM is on there now), I'd be looking for a mechanic that knows these cars well. Could be something relatively simple. Could be complex. Hard to diagnose based on the stated symptoms.

Has it been behaving like this since you bought it?

Normally TGV related issues will throw a code in my experience.

It sounds like you may have to bite the bullet like chato said and have someone who knows these cars dig in and see whats actually done/may have been removed right before the sale etc.

Did you buy it from a dealer?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

cryo, I did buy it from a dealer. However, not a Subaru dealer. I do not have a dealer close by. I have been reading exactly what you said about the TGV's. My symptoms are the same except i have no CEL.

I have a summer car so I may park the car for the spring and do these:

fuel filter

intake gaskets(again!)

tgv butterfly delete

replace bpv

turbo inlet

clean PCV

Clean MAF

Clean TPS connector at pedal

Replace front O2 sensor

people report that this one works. I've bought the vw/audi one from Amazon and it works for logging.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221308400341?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am still using XP so I can't verify if the drivers work, but I am pretty sure they do.

Can also just pony up for a Tactrix and be able to OS tune etc.

yeah, taxctrix 2.0 can stand-alone data log (has a micro sd slot) without being connected to a computer. and yes, that is the most reliable way to reflash with an e-tune, although there are cheap vag com unicorn cables that apparently work too.

Archived