LegacyGT.com

Brake pad recommendations?

gimpydingo

Hawks HPS and StopTech are the most popular with our cars. Both are excellent pads for daily driving. One down side to StopTech is they leave a lot of brake dust in just a matter of a few days.
My wife's balls are delicious.

i bought the parts out of the stoptech stage 2 kit from infamous during their new years sale and really like them. i am not sure what parts make the difference, but they feel so nice and work a little to well now if i did have to complain about anything.

PM M spank at infamous, I was about to order from Rockauto or other vendors on here and nasioc who were having brakes "sales" and "clearances" and he beat there prices by a worth while amount. I am buying rotors and pads, but I imagine he will prob beat for pads as well. Worth a PM

StopTech and Hawk HPS pads are both great for daily driving.

StopTech pads are more dusty but have more initial bite than the HPS pads.

HPS pads have less dust, less initial bite than StopTech but better modulation.

StopTech pads like to be used and used hard, if you don't they have a tendency to leave pad deposits behind which can lead to brake judder and a steering wheel vibration.

-Nick

Thanks for all the info.

I think the hawks will work perfectly for the DD.

I burned through the last of my current pads during my STG1 etune. Caused the glazing as well. I may need rotors as well, I've seen the OEM or cheapo Napa seem to work just fine.

I like Bobcats (from Carbotech)...they are a significant upgrade from stock pads and can take most anything you throw at them on the street/highway. You're going to get more dust and maybe an occasional squeal, but you won't have to worry about brake fade. I give my brakes a considerable workout at times though.

Archived