LegacyGT.com

Blowing hot air During Fast Driving... why??

i have JDM 2005 subaru legacy 3.0 sedan...

anyways its really obvious when i push the car to its limits, really Hot air blows out with low fan speed. Now the cliamte control and everything is OFF, and it just does it when i drive fast.

help me out here, i could not find any answers here. This whole thing does not look like it is a problem caused from some damage or something, i had the car system checked it is in ideal condition no errors or so.

Hi,

I find sometimes my 08 Legacy does this when I'm on the highway for a little bit. It'll blow air even when everything is off. I've noticed this effect on some other cars I drive as well. Best I can figure (and I could be wrong) is that even though the fan is off, the passage of air through the engine bay from driving fast eventually works its way through the system into the cab. Try hitting the button that circulates the air inside the cabin (the symbol looks like a car with a horizontal u-turn arrow in it). When I did this, it fixed the problem for me. Let me know if this helps.

^^^ What that guy said. Air moves from high to low pressure. When you are driving fast, the front of the car is at a much higher air pressure than inside the cabin. If the differential pressure becomes high enough, air will flow from the outside air intake for the HVAC system into the cabin. You can close that intake with the recirc button like LegacyMike said.

When you give it more gas, the ECU shuts off the AC compressor so you have more HP. Let off the gas and the AC comes back on.

I thought everyone knew that:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

its my first car, i dont know that much robin. thanks for the tip what mike and others said sounds very logical and im sure it will work. ill see tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!!!

No problem. Read up on your car, here and other places. :)

You will find the LGT is set up for speed;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

so i played around with climate control while going 180kph :D

- recirc on with the temp down it did the trick!

you can still feel if you get your hand close to vents that theres a fire breathing dragon sitting deep in there somewhere but no hot air is blowing so its all cool.

THANKKKSS

Archived