LegacyGT.com

JDM GT-B Gen 2. Twin Turbo Setup/Convert to parallel Turbo

Hello everybody,

I want to ask for help, or Information for the Twin Turbo operation.

I konw a lot of infomration about the stock Twin Turbo setup. thats not a problem.

But I have read somewhere about to swap to a parallel setup. So now VoD. I don't find this information anymore.

Some of you have infos? I read some posts that some hat done this.

I doesn't mean an swap to Single (like TD04) Turbo !

best regarts

Stefan

Zues, that's not what he is asking. But I have no idea what he means by a parallel setup. :confused:

In the subaru motor, one turbo starts and then the second turbo takes over at a certain point. It's a sequential system.

He wants to make it so that both turbos operate at the same time, maybe one turbo per head. Seems like a cool but complicated project.

In the subaru motor, one turbo starts and then the second turbo takes over at a certain point. It's a sequential system.

He wants to make it so that both turbos operate at the same time, maybe one turbo per head. Seems like a cool but complicated project.

Can be very simple. I believe the simplest way is a plate to block the cross pipe between each side of the exhaust.

Ok guys,

Thanks a lot for these answers ;)

Yes its a sequential system, and i have read some Informations that i can be used as a parallel system. I also have seen some cars ion the Internet. But no HowTo.

I will ask in the Uk Forum ;)

Thanks a lot :)

Here's one DIY way, just messing with the vacuum pipes...

Link Google translate

Link original Japanese

This is the CTS kit that uses a metal plate to block the cross pipe and some tweaking of the vacuum pipes....

http://cdn.mkimg.carview.co.jp/carlife/images/UserCarPat/1425426/p1.jpg?ct=399ec3b6803e

wouldnt running two parallel turbos that equal 10-12 psi be about the same power output as one turbo at the same psi? what benefit would having a second turbo at the same time offer? is more air pressure the only gain? i guess if you could use two smaller turbos youd have power sooner, mebbe.

so 2 parallel turbos on 3" intake lines with a regulator limiting the system to 6psi incoming will create more air flow than one turbo on a 3" line that is also limited to 6psi incoming?

sounds like 6 of one, half dozen of the other to me...

what is the cfm of a standard turbo at 6psi on a 3" line compared to a 4" line? serious question, i can relate it to dissolved o2 systems that i program, but the small runs and exhaust driven turbos are the data i dont have answers for

Just to be clear, the sequential system runs the primary only, then both primary and secondary together.

When it switches from primary only to both there is a moment where it bypasses the primary and runs only the secondary, that causes the VOD.

do1fox, I've never driven or been in a car that has been converted, never seen a dyno either, just heard reports, which were mixed.

I would guess it depends on how you go about it too, the Syms manifold would give best results I would imagine but it's a lot of money for something you might not like. Do it the cheap and easy way and your probably guaranteed to not like it.

Guys with Supras and stock twins do this all of the time and its does wonders on the 2jz. They actually will install a solenoid with switch so they can go either way. I did this mod on my Supra when I still ran the stock twin turbos and I loved it.

I'm sure you know but the MK4 Supras V160 and V161 are far superior transmissions. I own a MK3 Supra with a 2jzgte.R154. The R154 can handle big power and last a long time if it's built right and with the right parts. Mine has every Marlin Crawler upgraded part they sell and she's been handling 730whp for years now. Even before I rebuilt the trans with all of the goodies it still took the power well. Marlin Crawler is a shop that specializes in Toyota manual transmissions for rock crawling. Stout stuff. You can swap in a R154 into your SC pretty easy. Just need the extension shifter among a few other parts. What do you have now the W58?

Archived