LegacyGT.com

Stromung TBE on 05 LGT wagon, need tuning help!

deadsnake

Hello there everyone, I have a 05 LGT wagon limited, and I am awaiting to install the Stromung 3" TBE I picked up this past weekend, however, from my recent reads and post, people are saying I should get it tuned because it wont't run right. Now I have a cobb AP for my focus ST and it was decently priced, seems like the Subaru ones (002) are not so cheap. If I can find an AP at around 300$ I would buy that, otherwise I do not have the 500$+ to spend on a tune just for an exhaust.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am not very savy when it comes to tuning by myself, but I can try it (judging by the e-tune threads here)

I live in between Milwaukee and Chicago, if anyone is near me and willing to help tune that would be great, if not, what suggestions do you have?

Thank you!

You absolutely should get tuned when adding a TBE. You should also replace your stock catted up pipe with a catt-less OEM or aftermarket one. Do not install the TBE until you have a tune ready to flash, one you have the parts installed. You don't need an AP for tuning your car. You can get an etune via open source tuning with either the correct vag-com ($15ish) cable or Tactrix cable ($160-180). You can get an AP and also get etuned, but it will cost more. Just depends on your preference.

Archived