LegacyGT.com

Stromung exhaust, do I need a tune?

If you open up the DP and reduce the restrictions you need a tune. You can limp it over to your tuners after install but stay out of boost. You'll be over boosting.

I would highly suggest changing the UP and DP and open up the car. UP has cat and can take out your turbo :(

If you're talking about just a catback you don't need a tune.

Adding a downpipe needs a tune.

A MT downpipe will not fit a AT car. But a AT downpipe will fit a MT car, minus one bracket which there's ways to make the bracket work if your creative.

Took the car to the shop and it looks like the catback itself is too short to fit on the stock DP, shop said they could cut it at the top and add some to make it fit, is there anyway that the manual DP could be modified to fit the auto?

I believe it will hit the tranny. Now that said, anything can be done with thr right amount of money. I would suggest just selling the manual one and get an auto

Just the DP right? this one seems a lot shorter than the other DPs I have seen

FWIW if the DP is about a foot shorter than it should be then it is likely missing a catalytic converter (or cat delete). One way to tell is if the flange at the end of the DP has bolts lying on the horizontal then there is a small section of the exhaust missing. But maybe the mid pipe is longer than that of other aftermarket exhausts and makes up for that lack in length (sounds like it doesn't from what you said).

Shame you had to return it, I've heard good things about the Stromung exhausts. It's only the DP that will not fit, everything else will fit with a different aftermarket DP (unless you don't have a wagon, then the tips would be too long).

FWIW if the DP is about a foot shorter than it should be then it is likely missing a catalytic converter (or cat delete). One way to tell is if the flange at the end of the DP has bolts lying on the horizontal then there is a small section of the exhaust missing. But maybe the mid pipe is longer than that of other aftermarket exhausts and makes up for that lack in length (sounds like it doesn't from what you said).

Shame you had to return it, I've heard good things about the Stromung exhausts. It's only the DP that will not fit, everything else will fit with a different aftermarket DP (unless you don't have a wagon, then the tips would be too long).

I have a Catback stromung. It's awesome.

Archived