LegacyGT.com

Where to mount a fire extinguisher if you don't have a cage?

evil03mustang

You're following my train of thought alright. To add to that, a friend of mine in DuBois (PA, yes I know where it is) does indeed have a gun in the glovebox of his truck, his car and probably his ATV as well. That place is gun-crazy!

I might have a gunn diode in my glove box, but that's about as close as I get. ;P

• 3 weeks later...

What's wrong with guns in cars in pa? Lol I have one in all of my cars and at least a few extra magazines and couples of boxes of ammo in my range bag I keep in the trunk of my DD.

BOT: if you're really that worried about your car catching on fire, I'd probably go for a small class c extinguisher. As for mounting it somewhere... Maybe a good velcro strap fixed to the floor behind one of the front seats.

Having been at one too many car fires, if they don't get put out in the first few seconds, they go REAL fast. All those lovely plastics are like a torch. I think it would have to be close at hand, like arm's reach inside.

How well do fire extinguishers handle in-car heat on a summer day ?

car fire = call 911

at racetrack for corner work training, was explictly told if I'm not trained as a fireman to let the car burn. First race, a car comes sliding up to our corner station on fire. elderly corner worker pops up, jumps out of the stand and runs out with fire extinguisher. I stand there like a boob. He comes back in. I ask why, 'cause I know you're not a fire fighter. He says because racecar. His wife says he has gone out to burning F1 cars, too. And I thought being in a racecar required being crazy.

if the car is on fire and the driver cant get out, fire extinguisher is dual purpose... bust a window or at least slow the fire down.

Gas tank rupture = fail, though.

If it's a timing thing and you're johnny on the spot at least you have a fighting chance.

Archived