LegacyGT.com

Threw P0420 after installing RalliSport UEL

Could be the obd reader, but seeing the front isnt that important unless you see a significant drop in mpg or rough running motor. Also since you have a california pzev, you have a catalytic converter with more precious metals and a stricter ecu range. So changing the exhaust flow is probably enough to get the oxygen levels out of range. You could buy a tactrix cable and delete the code from the ecu so that it never shows up.

• 8 months later...

i'm sure youll be okay with a brand new one. i bought mine second hand and it seems the flanges to the block were both slightly warped and so it always had an annoying hissing leak and gaskets couldn't help seal it at all.

i've since moved to a oem turbo manifold modified to fit and the o2 sensors relocated. the CEL stays off but comes on every once in a while but thats probably because we reused the old gaskets at time of install for some dumb reason. been too lazy to get around to changing them.

good luck though!

If it becomes an issue, pick up the Tactrix cable and ecutek software. I debated dropping another ball for a header since I'm V1 but the cobb Catback was more on my mind lol. What I had to do to get the car to run right was full tank 91, reset ECU (pull fuse), then let the car calibrate but catch it before it tried to ready the sensors (around 3/4 tank line) then hooked up tactrix and disabled the code. Been about 4 months now, no hesitations, my O2 sensors are all at PASS, enabled the code for a day and nothing threw any errors but disabled again because my luck sucks

I noticed with this header, running 87 tends to cause hesitation and jumpiness, shifting granny style you'll feel the car buck a little, running 91 or higher (w reset Ecu) seems to be the way to go, no issues what so ever.

i never had any luck setting up the tactrix and ecutek software. i dont know if its because i didnt get the most current version of it or if i didnt set it up right or if i didnt get the current data files or something.

i'd still like to disable the codes with the tactrix though, but i've given up on it for a loooooong time because i couldnt get the ecu to be read properly no matter what i tried.

got any tips for me bruh ? thanks :)

i never had any luck setting up the tactrix and ecutek software. i dont know if its because i didnt get the most current version of it or if i didnt set it up right or if i didnt get the current data files or something.

i'd still like to disable the codes with the tactrix though, but i've given up on it for a loooooong time because i couldnt get the ecu to be read properly no matter what i tried.

got any tips for me bruh ? thanks :)

If you follow the guide in the tuning section its about a 30 min process. For both my GT and 2.5i I disabled the P0420 DTC. Stock or modded it wil never be a problem again.

it worked fine for you using the specific files from that post?

i remember i tried all different sorts of combinations of latest and older definitions and still had no luck for the better part of a month back when i was actively trying. the fact of them all being a couple of years old doesnt help with finding a working combination either x.x

so my 2.5 is a pzev. immediately after installing the headers i got a CEL and its been on ever sense. The 2 codes both read O2 sensors, assuming its because the 2 other cats get deleted before the sensor because it's a pzev, is there anyway i can fix this or am i screwed. I tried clearing it and it came back on once i start up my car

it worked fine for you using the specific files from that post?

i remember i tried all different sorts of combinations of latest and older definitions and still had no luck for the better part of a month back when i was actively trying. the fact of them all being a couple of years old doesnt help with finding a working combination either x.x

The definition files are dated from a year or two ago b/c they havent changed they work as long as your ECM is supported which it should be, I followed his guide D/L the files put them in the proper locations, and I run Win7 on top of VM fusion on my MacPro.

so my 2.5 is a pzev. immediately after installing the headers i got a CEL and its been on ever sense. The 2 codes both read O2 sensors, assuming its because the 2 other cats get deleted before the sensor because it's a pzev, is there anyway i can fix this or am i screwed. I tried clearing it and it came back on once i start up my car

So PZEV or not you dont need to touch the actual map there is a DTC section of your stock ECM ROM that is represented by ECUFlash as a series of expandable list item like in your typical Windows explorer on your PC. What you do is open and disable them.

The fix is simply to turn off the DTC your PZEV tuning is untouched. I bought a tactrix cable for this purpose alone, then ran over it, so I borrowed one but still if you buy a used one you can make that one change and sell it, everything else is free.

Gee Otto is like a legend among these threads. Literally knows everything you'll need to know about a legacy or cars in general.

anyway thank you. I vaguely remember people talking about the tactrix but remember hearing it was discontinued?

the only thing i see on their site now is this which I'm assuming is just a wireless vision

http://www.tactrix.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Tactrix_Openport_4b4437551be29.jpg

with that said, just to clarify, this plus the software i should be able to go in and delete the setting which is throwing this CEL? on a scale of 1-10 how much of a computer guru do you need to be to understand it. :)

P0420v2.png.5ceef1986e2d704d52521c6c7bbf15d3.png

Once you have you file D/L from your ECM open it in ECUFlash scroll down and find the DTC section, check that box and highlight the "Enabled", then press (Ctrl and the + or - to enable or disable), Once you do that save the file under a different name and load it back to your ECU. :)

While I was in here for my LGT i disable this and a few other codes like those damn air pump codes. For my 2.5i I disabled the P0420.

• 4 weeks later...

finally got around to tinkering with ecuflash and the tactrix more.

followed steps from the link geeotto posted a couple posts back word for word and apparently i still don't have the right definitions after reading the rom from ecuflash? x.x can't figure out where i went wrong anymore :( screenshot attached

1824341391_ScreenShot2014-12-28at11_25_21AM.thumb.png.d84c52960a75525e8be9b0b604c4cda4.png

Archived