LegacyGT.com

Replacement '06 SOHC Engine

Hi all,

My timing belt decided to let go last week and it did some severe internal damage to my motor. Through talking to a couple friends of mine and a mechanic I have determined that it could be most cost efficient to buy a low mileage replacement motor and drop it in my Legacy. I have been making a few phone calls and so far the best price that I have been given is $1,750.00.

All I really need is the block and heads and I can take the rest of the parts from my old motor. Where else can I look to purchase a motor locally (within New England region)?? Thanks!

You do know that you'll still need the a few gaskets and o-rings.

Do you plan on DIY or paying a repair shop ?

How's your clutch if you have one ?

Don't forget about fluids.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I doubt it's more cost effective to pick up a used engine that'll still need a timing belt, seals, etc. . .

Pull yours and send the heads off to the machine shop for a valve grind & new valves as needed, put it back together. You have to pull the engine to drop in a new one anyway, might as well pop the heads off first and see what's happening.

I promise you it'll be less than $1700 to have your heads redone, and I doubt your short block is damaged.

Archived