LegacyGT.com

Need picture of underhood evap schematic

Can someone do me a favor of taking a picture of there evap schematic on the underside of the hood from a 2.5 with an in engine bay charcoal canister(the round black thing in the front left corner) if you have a 95- 97 outback or GT it probably has one. I need the schematic and my hood is from a 98 with the rear charcoal canister and it doesn't help me as well. I'm trying to solve my evelasting evap code and after looking in 2 different 2.2s a 96 and a 95 I noticed a different layout that my car doesn't follow and I'm not sure if this is the layout I should have or if this is just a 2.2 thing.

Ok so the cel code is p0441 evap incorrect purge flow. The deal with my car is that the original motor had rod knock and was swapped out with a 98 ej25 by the previous owner. The car runs and drives fine, but the previous owner didn't look much into the evap system. The car is a 97 and originally had an in engine bay charcoal canister. The 98 ej25 is from a car with a rear charcoal canister. So basically when I got the car it had the p0441 code, and no charcoal canister, because all the vacuum hoses and lines were installed following the 98 set up. So I installed an engine bay charcoal canister from a junkyard, along with the grey/black check valve on the inlet. But the code never went away. I have checked all the evap hoses and they are all clean and unclogged. I had tried swapping out the purge solenoid valve with 2 others from the junkyard, and I have swapped out the small filter on the line that goes to the pressure sources solenoid valve on the passenger strut tower, but not with a new one, one from a junkyard. After looking at the evap setup in a 95 ej22, a 96 ej22, and the schematic on here, I noticed that all these have an extra line that tees off from the canisters outlet hose to the pressure sources solenoid valve on the passenger strut. I want to try to hook this up but the solenoid on my car is from the 98 and doesn't have the hookup for this hose. The next thing I am going to try is getting this solenoid from a 95-97 and hookup this connection. If this doesn't work I am going to try replacing the purge solenoid valve, the small filter, the check valve, and the canister, with all new parts one by one until the code goes away. I've had this cel for a year and a half and just want it to go away.

I tried replacing the purge control solenoid with junkyard ones but they were garbage too so I bit the bullet and bought on from the dealer for $127.

Check out this site for the 90-94 parts catalog. Probably the same part no for your model, or check opposed forces.

Well a incorrect purge flow cel comes on when the fuel tank pressure sensor doesn't see the drop in psi when it tells the purge valve to open and let the tank vapor into the engine. As long as the purge is hooked up to a intake vacuum source the system should work correctly.

Oreilly shows that the purge solenoid is the same part of all 96-99 Legacys all engines and even most other Subarus. So I don't think that's your issue. It has to be a hose hooked up backwards or something.

Also that vacuum solenoid on the passenger strut tower isn't the purge solenoid. It's a solenoid for the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor is that black one hose sensor that's also on that bracket and runs through that solenoid.

The purge solenoid is bolted to the intake manifold near the throttle body to the right side. So it sounds like you've been working on the wrong part. GL

Archived