LegacyGT.com

Spring Suppleirs in Canada??

Hey guys, I recently bought a 97 legacy Brighton that has a broken front left coil spring. The car is in great condition with only, 139,000 km. I'm just having the hardest time finding two springs for the front. I went to the wreckers and called all over town and nobody has anything available. So, my question is. Does anybody know where I can get them. I've looked online and I'm having quite a hard time finding some springs. Struts are a breeze to find but nobody has springs. I need springs ASAP to pass safety!!! Also, it would be extremely nice for the supplier to be in Canada. I'm fed up with paying inflated shipping charges and high customs rates. Thanks in advance.

I'm not looking for a height increase. However, I did find one spring used and had to pay a large $80. The mechanic that is signing off on the safety certificate says I need to replace both front as a set, but he's had a hard time finding springs as well and will let it pass on just the one changed one. Thanks for the input though guys. I'll be back to the thread if things don't work out.

In the past 3 years legacies have started to flood the junkyards. I would have started there. Still 80$ is better than getting a spring in the face if you don't have proper tools.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

In the past 3 years legacies have started to flood the junkyards. I would have started there. Still 80$ is better than getting a spring in the face if you don't have proper tools.

I went to the junkyard and tried to get the two front springs from the only legacy that wasn't an outback. I used a few tricks to get the springs out with only the use of a breaker bar and ratchet. BUT the springs both snapped from the Canadian cold. It was a real shame because the springs were in decent enough condition to pass safety and only cost $12 a piece. Now I have to put off any suspension upgrades because of this expensive spring.

That's to bad man. I would have found a different mechanic. Was it a out of province inspection or just insurance inspection. .

Insurance inspections search kijiji and there are mechanics who won't charge you unless your car passes ;)

In Calgary we have had excessive snow and all I can say is I wish my suspension wasn't so stiff and low. I scrape snow/ice every time I park by my house. I wish I had stock ride height in winter.

Archived