LegacyGT.com

New up pipe and down pipe without tune??

evanisonfire

So I'm replacing the water pump, timing belt, coolant hoses, rebuilding the turbo, replacing up pipe and down pipe. Everything on my car is stock and the replacement parts will be OEM except for catless UP and DP. My question is can I run stock tune on catless UP and DP with no issues? I will eventually forsure get a tune but this project ran my bank account dry and I can't afford it right now lol. I know a Cobb is about 500 or so but how much is a shop tune?

where does one purchase/get an e-tune?

Search and read stickies, this has all been covered a bunch of times.

A Cobb AccessPort V2 can be had used for ~$400. If your only mods are UP and DP, you can use the off the shelf (OTS) Stage 2 map that comes on the AP, or you can use the AP to get e-tuned.

Alternately, you can do opensource e-tuning, which requires either a vag-com cable or a tactrix cable, and a laptop. There are also base maps available for free at romraider.com, but those are just a base to be further tuned for your specific car. You can use those base maps to tune the car yourself, but that takes some expertise.

Some e-tuners only do AP, some do AP and OS. The most commonly recommended tuners on here are Cryotune, Brentuning, and Tuning Alliance.

A newer e-tuner on this forum is Delicious Tuning. I don't think he posts here, but his tunes are sold through Infamous Perfomance and Tuning (username: m sprank). I don't know if anybody here has been tuned by Delicious Tuning yet, but the guy has a solid resume (has tuned actual race cars), and m sprank is a great vendor, so you've got 4 good e-tuner options.

A dyno tune is ~$500. Some shops only do AP dyno tunes, so you'd need to buy an AP. Some shops do OS tuning. And some shops do road tuning as a slightly less expensive alternative to dyno tuning.

Yeah, I put a catless up in and motor was fine, did down pipe and got some knock. I got a e tune from cryo, and it's an entire new car. Worth every penny. Honestly if you have money for a up pipe and down, but no more, I would do up pipe, and get either an accessport or tactrix cable with a e tune from cryo and skip the down pipe.

I would be happy to help in any way needed.

My FAQ in my signature may answer any other questions you have.

Go head and click on the red and blue link above my company logo and scroll down to the second post.

Have a great weekend.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived