LegacyGT.com

CEL on test drive of GT...

Hey guys...On my first test drive of the Leg GT there was a CEL up on the dash. I'm wondering if this was the cause of me thinking the GT felt a little slower than I anticipated. Is there a seperate fuse or control circuit for the wastegate actuator.?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I doubt there is a separate fuse for the wastegate solenoid, but it is controlled by the ECU. If the computer senses a problem, sometimes they will limit power to protect the engine until the problem is fixed.

Guest *Jedimaster*
When they deliver a new car they don't put all the fuses in- that's probably where the CEL came from.

I tried another GT today and this one felt very quick but street driving only tells you part of the tale. No CELS on this one too. The dealer gave me a quote of $88 over invoice. Is this good...lolol?? Anyways I still have to hold off for a little before I pull the trigger on the GT. I have this house thats eating most of my funds right now. Hope that price still stands 2-3 months from now...

I believe most are referring to dealer invoice. If anyone is looking into a legacy, check [url]www.vanbortelsubaru.com[/url], price it, and try to beat it at your local dealer...mind you, NY will definately be a little more expensive than other states (maybe not Cali)...but check around. Later, i.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mine was from Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru in Orangeburg NY- great place to deal with- Sarem is the salesman to deal with too- he's a Suby fanatic. Plus, two of the mechanics from that dealer did the mods to my old WRX for me. And I got the car for 500 over invoice. They'll work with you. For me, it was worth the 1 hour drive.

Sabrina (internet sales manager) from Beltway Subaru in Brooklyn told me 24,575 including destination. Someone elso on the board got $12 over invoice from another dealer in Queens. I think what it is also is that car sales are down all over the tri-state. I could be wrong...

Archived