LegacyGT.com

Timing belt replacement, Cams out of alignment

I got it on!

i was able to line up all the marks and the belt lines up 100% in the proper orientation it just kind of happend as i was pulling the belt over the top drivers side gear, everything else was in place and i rotated it in place and once the last idler went on marks were spot on!

started the car and everything sounds fine, i noticed it sounds a slight bit louder with the grimmspeed pulley but i cant confirm that..

one thing though, i seem to have a small puncture on one of the water pump hoses and its leaking slowly, it must have cut a small bit of the line from wiggling that damn metal clip in place..will i be able to seal that up with some kind of rubber sealant or worse case with some duct tape and hose clamps?

You'll be able to stop the leak when you replace the hose. Sorry but that's the only way to do a proper fix.

Glad you got the engine running fine.

Just to verify, your positive the leak is from the hose and not the water pump bearing weep hole ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yea it was from the hose i have replaced it with a new one now no leak..

one thing i noticed tho now is a periodic metal rattling sound cant pin point the location on the lower front side of the block but i have a feeling it is one of the idlers or tensioners...its odd because i torqued everything down to spec in there...anyone have any insight on what it may be?

Archived