LegacyGT.com

injectors options

so I have a ej22t. in my 1991 ss. i have a td04-19t turbo, custom intake and turbo back exhaust. im wanting more ummph than 10psi. so im thinking I wanted to get bigger injectors because stock ones just dont push enough fuel, thinking going around 15-20psi.

what injectors will work. as Im not sure if this is top feed or side feed. can someone point me in the right direction. webpage?

I will be getting it tuned with aem f/i/c.

Your stock injectors are top feeds and flow about 370cc iirc.

You could get some top feed STi take offs and they flow 550-565 depending on what year. Remember that you will need to swap,some NA first gen fuel rails for them to fit. However, the ECU can only control up to 444 from what I understand. JDM 20g yellow tops flow about 440 so that's a good option if you can find them.

Another thing to remember is that fuel cut on first gen turbo leggy is about 13 psi so any boost pressure above that is going to require a fuel cut defender. You can make your own with a soldering gun and a bunch of resistors, etc.

I would also upgrade your fuel pump to a Walbro 255 lph or STi fuel pump to handle the flow. You will also need a rrfpr.

The answer to all your questions are over on bbslegacycentral.org. It is the best site for first gen turbos and everything you want to do and more has already been done and documented over there.

Archived